Market Creek Summer Film Series Returns Featuring Five FREE Family Films Throughout August
Live entertainment, concessions and other fun activities promise to make the Market Creek Summer Series a celebration. Audiences are encouraged to arrive early for pre-show entertainment that begins at 7 p.m. Movies begin promptly at dusk.
The Market Creek Summer Series begins on Friday, August 1 with a screening of The Lego Movie, the box office sensation based on the popular toy brand. The fun continues Friday, August 8 with Instructions Not Included, the highest grossing Spanish-language film in the United States.
Pulling Strings, starring Mexican actor, singer and host Jaime Camil, will delight audiences on Friday, August 15. A special matinee screening of Coach Zoran and His African Tigers will be presented on Sunday, August 17 at 2 p.m. Finally, the series ends on a high note with Disney’s Frozen, screening on Friday, August 22.
Market Creek Film Series Schedule
Jacobs Center, Market Creek Amphitheater, 310 Euclid Avenue, San Diego 92114
- The Lego Movie, Friday, August 1, 7 pm (2014, 100 mins) An ordinary Lego construction worker, thought to be the prophesied ‘Special’, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the Lego universe into eternal stasis.
- Instructions Not Included, Friday, August 8, 7 pm (2013, 122 mins) A man who has made a new life for himself and the daughter left on his doorstep 6 years ago finds his family threatened when the birth mother resurfaces.
- Pulling Strings, Friday, August 15, 7 pm (2013, 111 mins) After a night of drinking, Rachel, a diplomat working in Mexico City finds her world turned upside down after she’s saved by Alejandro, a Mariachi singer whose visa was rejected the day before – by Rachel. Featuring Jaime Camil.
- Coach Zoran and His African Tigers, Sunday, August 17, 2 pm (Special Matinee in Celebration Hall) (2013, 75 mins) South Sudan became an independent state in July 2011, following almost 50 years of civil war. Although still steeped in the memories of countless victims of violence, the new nation is seeking to make a place on the international soccer stage by forming its first national team. The man called in for this task is the Serbian Zoran Djordjevic, a dynamic and hugely ambitious veteran coach. The film follows the team over its first year.
- Frozen, Friday, August 22, 7 pm (2013, 102 mins) A Disney favorite! Fearless optimist Anna teams up with Kristoff in an epic journey, encountering Everest-like conditions, and a hilarious snowman named Olaf in a race to find Anna’s sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom in eternal winter. Featuring the Award-winning song, “Let it Go.”
Admission: Free. Concessions will be available for purchase. For more information, please visit www.sdlatinofilm.com or www.jacobscenter.org
For additional information & volunteering opportunities at Movie Night Series Contact Bevelynn- firstname.lastname@example.org