Students for Economic Justice
Training the next generation of community organizers and leaders
Are you ready to help build the next class of community organizers in San Diego? Applications for our 2013 Students for Economic Justice (SEJ) program are ready!
Please help spread the word to college students interested in fighting for social and economic justice! Download the application HERE.
SEJ is a project of CPI which builds stronger capacity for community organizing in San Diego. Through SEJ we provide the skills and tools that talented, passionate young people need to become part of the fight for economic justice in San Diego.
It is an intensive 6-week program that gives students organizing training through political education, skills building, and hands-on in-the-field experience working on campaigns for economic and social justice. Students receive trainings from various community leaders throughout San Diego and will finish the program with a better understanding of the political landscape of the region.
- Local students attending college in San Diego County
- Students that come from or have a passion for advancing underrepresented communities of color, low wage workers and other disenfranchised groups
- Students interested in a career paths with a social and economic justice focus
- Students interested in organizing communities
- Looking forward to an exciting summer for SEJ 2013!
Organizer, Center on Policy Initiatives